a bum from jersey

and he is not holding anything back.

Monday, April 03, 2006

book it said the bum

What? The bum is posting something? Yeah, I am just as shocked as you are but I saw this great list on tart's blog and thought it would be neat to create my own list. I would have just posted it in her blog comments but I get the feeling that the comments left are only by her friends which I am not.


A book that made you cry
: Scorpions by Walter Dean Myers. I read this when I was in sixth grade. It made a tear come to my eye then, but I wonder if it would now.

A book that scared you: I am a dude. I don't get scared of books.

A book that made you laugh: 150 Ways to Know If You're Ghetto by Shawn Wayans, Suli McCullough, Chris Spencer, and Laurie Abkemeier. For a kid from the burbs, this was an eyeopener to many stereotypes. I laughed throughout.

A book that disgusted you: Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser. I used to like going to fast food restaurants but no more. If the way they process the food does not disgust you then the way they treat their workers will.

A book you loved in elementary school: The Lorax by Dr. Seuss. Its dissapointing a lot of children today have no idea who this guy is.

A book you loved in middle school: Who is Carrie and My Brother Sam is Dead by James and Christopher Collier. I think this is when I really got interested in American History. Its too bad I wouldn't feel comfortable making a career of it. Sorry, very few people can say teaching history can provide a long satisfying career.

A book you loved in high school: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I could see myself as every character.

A book you hated in high school: Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift. This was one of many books I read when I was younger only to find out there was deeper meaning behind the book. What the fuck? Can't people just write a story without it being some kind of metaphor for life?

A book you loved in college: Stupid White Men by Michael Moore. The book was so friggin logical. There are a lot of books I enjoyed in college but that book got me into reading political novels. Why do I call them novels? Because half of the time they are full of shit. Still...very entertaining.

A book that challenged your identity: Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. Come on...who doesn't have a little Holden Cauffield in them?

A series that you love: Goosebumps by R.L. Stine

Your favorite horror book: Why would I read a book to scare myself? I have life for that.

Your favorite science fiction book: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

Your favorite fantasy book: Never really got into fantasy books.

Your favorite mystery book: From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. Konigsburg

Your favorite biography: Zlata's Diary: A Child's Life in Sarajevo by Zlata Filipovic. I think I read this in middle school. I couldn't put it down.

Your favorite "coming-of-age" book: The Strange Career of Jim Crow by C. Vann Wooward. Haven't looked at this country or white people the same since.

Your favorite book not on this list: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betsy Smith or you can go with Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home