a bum from jersey

and he is not holding anything back.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

the bum's rent went up

My rent went up and there is nothing I can really do about it. Let me explain my situation. I rent a room in someone's house and the rent is due at the end of each month. The original agreement was rent to equal $600.00 and that includes cable plus I am responsible for half of the utilities. Thats fine until I got the bill for the rent this month. There was an extra $45 charge. I asked what was that for and she said it was for the cable. I was surprised and told her you have not charged me for cable thus far why now? She responded back with a puzzled look saying, 'I should have been charging you cable all this time and it was a mistake not too.' I reminded her of our original agreement (which I still have in writing) but she said, that was a mistake and will continue to charge me.

Wow. In the past I might have given notice. The extra charge isn't that bad but she broke the agreement she designed without negotiation. What is unique about this position is that I am going to medical school later this year and more than likely will move out in six months or less. To move out and then move again would be expensive and time consuming. It would be easier if I knew where I was attending (which most likely be in state but I got into a couple of the medical schools in New Jersey and haven't made up my mind yet) but still I shouldn't be in this situation.

Oh well, I guess since I was blessed so much in the past few months I should be willing and expect some bad luck in the next few.

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home